The goal of the Southern Boone Schools Transportation Department is to provide safe, efficient and reliable transportation to and from school for eligible students in accordance with school board policy.
All inquiries regarding bus routes or stops, bus assignments, or other school-related transportation questions should contact Kyle Foreman.
573-657-2147 ext. 1809
Southern Boone School District Bus Safety Rules
Transportation Guidelines for Parents and Students:
Students in 5th-12th grade that live less than 1 mile away from their respective schools are not eligible for bus transportation to and from school unless designated by an IEP.
Due to safety concerns and numbers of riders on the buses, students may not ride another bus to a location that is not assigned to them. No exceptions will be granted.
Behavior Expectations for Students:
Student riders are expected at all times to be safe respectful and responsible. Students will…
Follow directions at all times.
Remain seated when riding.
Keep aisles clear.
Use inside voices.
Be on time.
Choose a responsible seat.
Use good manners.
Be observant of others.
Keep hands and feet to yourself.
Keep track of belongings.
Bus Conduct Policy:
In order to insure the safety of every student that rides a school bus at Southern Boone County Schools, the following policy will be in effect:
1. At the beginning of each year and periodically throughout the year, the bus rules will be discussed with the students.
2. When misbehavior occurs, a bus conduct notice will be given. This notice will be given to the school administration. The parent will be notified of this warning.
3. The second time the driver issues a conduct notice for the same student, the student may be suspended from riding the school bus for up to 3 days. All decisions are subject to administrative discretion. The parents will be notified of this suspension by phone and/or mail.
4. Subsequent written conduct notices may increase the suspension time up to 5 days for the third violation and 10 days or more for the fourth and future violations.
5. Continuous misbehavior and conduct notices may result in the loss of riding privileges for a semester.
Note: Serious conduct violations may result in immediate suspension.